A lifestyle brand and community for like-minded travelers, seeking a memorable experience
Yasmin Fahr is a food and travel expert with 11+ years experience.
Yoga is, and has been, an integral part of her life for the past 11 years. She completed a 200-hour teacher training in 2009 and practices five to six days a week at the Kula studios in New York.
- reviewed 600+ luxury properties around the world as incognito inspector at Forbes Travel Guide for four years
- visited 150+ cities around the world, including Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Macau, Geneva, Zurich, Barcelona, Marbella, Ibiza, Mallorca, Bologna, Rome, Florence, Milan, Sicily, Venice, Sardinia, Paris, Bordeaux, Deauville, Cannes, Saint-Tropez, Nice, Rio, Buzios, Belize, west coast of Costa Rica, most of the Caribbean and North America and still going strong…
- written for Bon Appetit, MindBodyGreen, Chowhound, LA Times, Yahoo! Lifestyle, Thrive, LiveStrong, Food & Wine, Eat Your World and more
- founding food editor at The Daily Meal for almost two years
- received master’s in Food Studies from NYU
- developed 200+ recipes for Serious Eats
- called LA, London and NYC home
every lokapack guide focuses on
We need food for sustenance, yes, but it is so much more than that. Eating is a lens through which we get glimpses of a place’s history, its habits and the pace of life.
Food is one of the best (and most fun) ways to learn about a culture, at least we think so. Our goal is to help travelers experience memorable meals, learn about the world and enjoy themselves in the process.
Finding a balance between a love of eating and feeling good is essential for us, and we make sure to include ways for you to do the same on the road.